to activate your SIM you’ll need:
1. the new SIM card that was sent to you by MATE
2. your current MATE code/account number
some things to know…
1. the SIM card number is shown on the SIM card that you would have received in the post. the SIM card number is 9 digits long, and for example looks like: 4649 1234 0N. When entering the SIM card number in the activation form, you must exclude the letter on the end.
2. activating your number with MATE will generally take between 10 minutes and 24 hours, however, it may take longer depending on the network you are moving from (if porting). activation will only occur during business hours: mon-fri (8am-8pm AEST) & sat (10am-6pm AEST) and there is no porting on sundays and or national public holidays.
3. you will know your new mobile service is active when the SIM card with your previous provider no longer works. When this occurs, place your new MATE SIM card in your phone and turn your phone on. if it is not active straight away, turn your phone on and off every 10 minutes or so. if after an hour it is still not active, please contact us on 13 14 13 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.