to activate your SIM you’ll need:
1. the new SIM card that was sent to you by MATE
2. your current MATE code/account number
important things to know…
1. Porting your existing mobile number to MATE can take up to 24 hours once you've clicked the "activate" button. Activation will only occur during business hours: Monday-Friday (8AM-8PM AEST) and Saturdays (10AM-6PM AEST) - there is no porting on Sundays or national public holidays.
2. The SIM card number is printed on the MATE SIM card that you would have received in the post. The SIM card number is nine (9) digits long, and for example, looks like 4649 1234 5N. When entering the SIM card number in the activation form, please exclude the letter at the end.
3. Once you've clicked the "activate" button, DO NOT PUT THE MATE SIM CARD IN YOUR PHONE IMMEDIATELY. You will know your mobile service is active with MATE when the SIM card with your previous mobile provider no longer works - you will also receive an SMS and email confirming the activation. When this occurs, place the new MATE SIM card in your phone and turn your phone on. If it is not active straight away, turn your phone on and off every 10 minutes or so. If after an hour it is still not active, please contact us on 13 14 13 or email email@example.com.