At MATE, we take your privacy and safety very seriously.
From 30 June 2022, we must follow legislated rules to authenticate your identity and protect our customers from fraud and identity theft.
We are required to use Multi-factor identity authentication (MFA) processes for all high-risk transactions. This is to make sure the person requesting a transaction or information is really you, or your authorised representative.
High-risk transactions include, but are not limited to the following:
- adding additional service/s to an account;
- adding additional products to an account;
- changing a service plan/s;
- cancellation of service/s;
- relocating/moving address;
- mobile SIM swaps;
- replacement SIMs;
- amending in-flight orders;
- cancellation of in-flight orders.
- transfers of title (also known as change of ownership or sell on);
- changing or updating any personal information;
- adding, removing or amending an authorised representative;
- providing any account details.
Before conducting any high-risk transaction, we must verify you using the following two (2) steps:
- We will confirm at least two (2) forms of identification;
- We will send a verification link to you via email or SMS for you to confirm.